First things first: if you are under 13 years old, you need to make sure you have your mum, dad or other guardian’s approval to use this site.
When you use our site we may end up with some information about you. This notice lets you know what information we receive, and what we do with it.
Before we start telling you about how we look after your personal information, we first want to talk to you about what VeeLoop does.
Before online shopping was invented, the only way younger people could buy things was by going to the shop with mum or dad. If they saw something they liked, they could ask mum or dad to buy it for them.
Times have changed and some younger people prefer online shopping. We found out that younger people who enjoyed online shopping, were facing a few problems. For a start, many of them didn’t have their own bank cards. If they did, they needed to ask mum or dad for permission. With mums and dads being so busy, it sometimes wasn’t easy to get them to have a look at what they wanted to buy. So we decided to create VeeLoop to solve these problems so younger people like you could enjoy shopping online more easily.
The way VeeLoop works is that you can now go onto a website that we partner with and choose what you would like mum or dad to buy for you. When you’ve finished filling your basket, you’ll be taken to the website’s check-out page. You will then be given an option to check-out with VeeLoop. Once you click on the VeeLoop button you’ll see this screen:
Here we will ask you to give us your email address and your mum or dad’s email address. We need your email to confirm the basket was sent to your parent. We need your parent’s email so we can email them to ask them to pay for the items in your basket.
If they do agree, then they will make the payment and your items will be sent to you in the post. If they don’t agree, then they’ll let us know. Once we know what your parent has decided, we will email you to tell you (if your mum or dad agree for us to do that).
You have rights to ensure that if you don’t like what we are doing with your personal information, you can tell us to stop. If you want to do this, or make any other requests, you can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE USE?
There are a few different types of information we might receive of yours, depending on how you use our site. We might receive:
- your name and email address
- your social media handle (if you follow us, message us or comment on our posts on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter etc.);
- any other information you provide if you email us;
- technical information your computer, tablet or phone tells us, like w the device (e.g. an iPad or PC) you are using.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information listed above either because:
- we have asked you and you or your guardian have agreed;
- we have thought about it and we think it is fair on you (and us) to do so.
We will use your information:
- to recognise you when you come back to our site, and provide you with content that is better suited to you;
- to send you the relevant information that we said we would;
- to respond to you when you contact us, or otherwise deal with any of your requests;
- to do our homework on who is using our site and our services; and
- to run a safe and lawful business, and share information with those who help us to do this.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We don’t share your details with any other person or company to send you marketing emails.
We occasionally need to share your details with the people that we work with to keep our site up to date and to make it better.
If we sell all or part of our business to another company, all of the information we have collected about you will be sold with it.
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR?
We take a number of steps to ensure that any of the information we hold of yours is secure and protected.
We will only hold onto your information for as long as we need it to provide the services you have requested from us. We may hold onto your information for longer if we think we will need it for legal claims that could be made against us.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
We are based in the UK and generally we will only hold your information in the UK. We may also share it with people who work on making our website better. These people are based outside the UK. When we share your information with these people, we make sure that we have special contracts in place to keep your personal information safe.
YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have the right at any time:
- to delete any information (like your email address) that we hold for that reason;
- to find out what information we have about you;
- to ask us to stop doing anything with the information we have about you;
- to request a detailed summary of the information we have about you, free of charge.
You also have the right at any time to:
- complain about us to the person who protects your privacy rights in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk);
- change your mind about us having your information;
- ask us to stop using any of your personal information;
- let us know if you think our use of your personal information is unfair; and
- ask us to correct, delete, limit or stop using any of your personal information.
We may make changes to this notice from time to time. We will post any changes to our site, or let you know by sending you an email.